Did you know that eating a healthy diet can not only decrease your risk for disease, but it can also help to boost your mood?
Do what you can to prioritize your health and well-being in times of stress with these 10 tips:
- Avoid sugary drinks
- When grocery shopping, choose most of your foods from the outer perimeter of the store
- Choose whole foods over processed options
- Keep healthy snacks on-hand
- Select foods with probiotics
- Choose whole grains instead of refined options
- Focus on the vitamins and nutrients from your foods instead of calories
- Drink at least 2 liters of water a day
- Incorporate a multivitamin
- Eat more frequent, smaller meals
Try adding in just one of these tips a week (and doing so consistently) before adding another! This will help to avoid feeling overwhelmed or getting frustrated with your new way of eating. And remember WHY you’re making these changes – to feel good!